Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Plum worn out

Today is the first day since I started this whole journey toward a more disciplined life that I'm really having trouble even getting started.

I'm tired. It's cold. I'm hungry, but too lazy to make anything good for me. I know I need to work out, but I'd rather stay in my pj's all day and pretend like I don't pay $100 a month for a gym membership. I didn't quite finish all my shopping yesterday, so I can't move forward with some of the things on my to do list today. There's folded laundry everywhere, and I lack the motivation to put it away.

So here's where I have to "be transformed by the renewing of my mind" (Romans 12).

I can take a quick nap with the boys this afternoon. I have a jacket. I have instant oatmeal, and that's going to have to do for breakfast this morning. The gym and a quick shopping trip are the perfect morning outing for the boys. And laundry - ugh - Thank you, Jesus, that you gave me the energy to actually FOLD the laundry yesterday.

I have a feeling this is going to be a fake-it-'till-you-feel-it kind of day. Pray much?

No comments:

Post a Comment